Why Exterior Paint is Important for Your House
If you’re reading this article, then chances are that you have a house renovation coming up and you wonder if re-doing the paint outside is really all that important. Well, we’re here to tell you that the answer is yes! While it is a time-consuming task that may cost you some money, there are so many important benefits to painting the outside of your house. From curb appeal to protection, we’re going to tell you about the importance of paint for the outside of your home.
- Curb appeal: This is a common reason that people like to paint the exterior of their houses. This can be for displaying a bit of your personality with color and design, blending in with the neighborhood, or just retouching the old color. You want to make sure that your house looks nice from the outside, and whether you want to blend in or stand out a new coat of exterior paint can help with that.
- Protect from the elements: Did you know that a fresh coat of paint does more than just look good? Yep, it’s true! Modern paint is much more durable than the paint that was first put on your home when it was built, so it’s more beneficial to your exterior. A fresh paint layer will create an additional barrier again things like weather damage, bugs, sun damage, and dust. A new coat of paint will also help to preserve your trim and siding, to keep them looking fresh. Because of all of this, it can help prevent the exterior of your home from deteriorating, which will save you money on big repairs in the future.
- Increase home value: This works a bit in tandem with curb appeal, but if you have plans to sell your house in the future, then making sure that the exterior paint job is well done and appealing is a great way to boost that resale value. Would you want to buy a house with an exterior that’s peeling and looks dingy? Of course not, unless you’re a house flipper. Studies have shown that houses with fresh exterior paint sell for more than those without that new coat. Make the most out of your sale and freshen up the paint job.
- Reveal damage: If you hire a pro to come out and do the paint for your home’s exterior, they may find some damage that you never noticed. This can include things like mold and mildew, little cracks in the exterior, rotting wood, and many other items. The process of painting will help them get into areas that you normally don’t, so they will be able to get an up-close look at the exterior and alert you to any damage that needs to get fixed right then or in the near future!
- Worth the cost: While it’s not exactly a money-free renovation project, painting your house’s exterior is a very practical cost as far as being worth it. Getting a professional to do the job will mean that they can point out little damages when they inspect, do the pain work well, and have the best tools for the job. It’s a simple way to make your home look like new!
As a quick summary, painting the exterior of your house is extremely important for the longevity of the structure. It helps to protect your home’s exterior from damage, can reveal existing damage, make the house more visually appealing, and make your home stand out to match your personality. So, if you’re on the fence about painting your house’s exterior, take this article as your sign to get it done!
If you are looking to have a custom home built here in Charlotte County reach out to us. We can help you design a house for your family and lifestyle. We will help you build the home of your dreams, what’s important to you is important to us. We look forward to working with you.